Friday, 4 July 2014

Portfolio Update July 2014

Since the 3rd of Jan (my annual review date), the FTSE All Share index (my chosen benchmark index) has gained 1.9% and delivered approx 1.6% of dividend income giving a total of 3.5% growth.

The total growth of my portfolio over the same 6 month period (including dividends less all charges paid - no new money has been added) equates to 2.9%. A bit of a disappointment after last year's returns.

The 0.6% under-performance is mostly attributable to sizeable share price falls in Oakley Capital, Polo Resources, Cairn Energy and Tesco. Also Lloyds is down a little off it's highs, which has had some effect as it is one of my largest holdings.

I am currently reviewing all the above companies and there will be some imminent changes.

On a positive note some of my holdings have performed well & contributed to the small gain, namely AstraZeneca, Imperial Tobacco, Murray International Trust & Templeton Emerging Markets Trust.

Here is a current breakdown:


Company
Market
Amount
% of Holdings
% FTSE ALLSHARE
AstraZeneca
FTSE 100
£18,903.80
12.80
12.8
BAE Systems
FTSE 100
£7,190.17
4.87
4.87
Berkshire Hathaway (B)
S&P 500
£4,590.11
3.11

British American Tobacco
FTSE 100
£10,982.16
7.44
7.44
BT
FTSE 100
£5,451.66
3.69
3.69
Cairn Energy
FTSE 250
£3,033.09
2.05
2.05
F&C Commercial Property Trust
FTSE 250
£5,736.00
3.88
3.88
Fidelity China Special Situations
FTSE 250
£8,234.60
5.58
5.58
GlaxoSmithKline
FTSE 100
£14,865.38
10.07
10.07
HSBC
FTSE 100
£5,501.90
3.73
3.73
Imperial Tobacco
FTSE 100
£10,982.16
7.44
7.44
JP Morgan Russian Securities
FTSE Small Cap
£2,160.00
1.46
1.46
Lloyds Banking Group
FTSE 100
£17,837.19
12.08
12.08
Molins
FTSE Small Cap
£2,039.31
1.38
1.38
Murray International Investm Trust
FTSE 250
£9,236.24
6.26
6.26
Oakley Capital Investments
AIM
£5,060.74
3.43

Polo Resources
AIM
£579.71
0.39

Templeton Emerging Markets
FTSE 250
£4,318.43
2.92
2.92
Urban & Civic
AIM
£2,224.80
1.51

Tesco
FTSE 100
£1,436.15
0.97
0.97





Cash

£7,292.62
4.94






Total

£147,656.22
100
86.62

I'll be posting again soon, as and when changes are made.

No comments:

Post a comment